The New Year is a perfect time to look back at the year, and more importantly, look forward to the coming year. It’s a great time to review our successes and acknowledge changes you want to make. Usually New Year’s Resolutions focus on our health and relationships, but what about mixing it up this year and also setting goals to change your environmental habits. A few small changes could save you money, decrease your waste, and have a huge impact on the world.
Below is a list of a few green resolutions ideas.
- Buy less bottled water.
- Drive less. Carpool more. Take public transportation. Ride your bike.
- Use reusable shopping bags.
- Cut down on paper waste. Read the paper online. Cut back on paper towels.
- Eat less meat. Meatless Monday. Weekend vegetarian.
- Replace your light bulbs with compact fluorescent lights.
- Support local farmer’s markets.
- Swap disposable razors for an electric shaver.
- Recycle everything.
- Start a composting system.
- Take shorter showers.
To help you set and keep your New Year’s resolutions this year, we’ve designed this beautiful resolution chart. Print it out, fill it out and pin it somewhere you’ll see it often. It’s the perfect reminder to help you keep those resolutions way past the month of January. Make 2014 the year you make yourself and the world a little better.