This week’s printable house is a modern marvel, inspired by all the over-the-top modern homes available if you have the money and the architect available to help you. It’s the kind of house celebrities in the California hills might choose, or the house I might live in if I won several million dollars. It’s not for everyone, but it’s definitely a variety of house we should include in our growing neighborhood.
It is amazing the variety of abodes we can choose to live in, especially including tepees, yurts, tree houses, and adobes. But even without those far flung choices, a given city—or even a small town—has options all over the place. I’m learning this the hard way as we’ve started researching what’s available in our area in preparation to move later this year.
I’ve seen everything from amateur-designed monstrosities, an Italian-style villa hidden inside a random suburban split-level, and a geodesic dome. My husband and I both agree we’d like something with character—something unique. However, we also want something beautiful and livable. Unfortunately the majority of what’s available around us falls into one of three categories: turn of the century with built-in buffets and not enough bathrooms (beautiful but not livable?), 1970’s random rambler with no discerning features (livable but not beautiful), or an almost-new suburban split-level with the 2-story great room (not unique, and lots of wasted space). You can see why the modern marvel I’ve designed for us this week starts to look so good!
Printable House Instructions:
- Download and print.
- Cut out all 3 pieces along their edges.
- Fold all of the creases before getting out the glue.
- Then, with a glue stick, glue a couple tabs of the first floor at a time, assembling as you go. Start at the inside corner of the building and work towards the final side tab.
- Repeat this process with the second floor and tower.
- Attach the second floor and tower to the main floor by lining the edges up with the dotted lines.