If you’re like us, you always intend to bring holiday gifts to your neighbors, but with a busy schedule and ever-depleting budget, it’s something that seems expendable. But not this year! Because The Craft Pack has teamed up with The Neighborhood to bring you this easy, inexpensive craft perfect for gifting to the people who see you taking the trash out in your pajamas.
This Candy Checker set is perfect for people of all ages. Plus, it’s not just another treat for people to eat and feel guilty about. So go ahead, wow your neighbors with your crafty creativity—without even having to break out the hot glue gun.
How To Make Your Candy Checker Neighbor Gift – Video
Supplies needed for one checker set:
1 checkerboard printed on regular paper
1 Candy Checkers label printed on sticker paper
2 “eat a piece, win a piece” labels printed on sticker paper
1 A7 box (found at paper supply stores)
A piece of cardstock or thin cardboard about 8.5x 11”
Spray adhesive or glue
12 candies of one color
12 candies of a different color
2 small cellophane bags
How to assemble your checker set:
1. Adhere you checkerboard to your cardstock or thin cardboard—something about
the weight of a cereal box is perfect.
2. Trim the papers to the edge of the checkerboard.
3. To make the board fold easily: score the centerline of the board with a bone folder
4. Place the board in your box.
5. Adhere the Candy Checkers label to the front of your box. This is easiest if you
print the label on sticker paper, but you could also glue the label in place.
6. Package your candy pieces in two cellophane bags, keeping them color
coordinated. Seal the bags shut with the circle labels.
7. Place the candy in the box and put the lid on.
8. Make lots of sets for your neighbors and friends and have a happy holiday!
Designed by The Craft Pack exclusively for The Neighborhood